It rained most of the day today, and my favourite way to spend a rainy day is at the sewing machine! I started sewing my trenchcoat, which I have been putting off because of buttonhole-size-and-type procrastination.
I finally took the plunge and decided to do bound buttonholes, even though trenches usually have keyhole buttonholes, and even though I haven’t chosen my buttons yet, and even though I think this fabric could fray a bit. After testing on a scrap, I decided they looked really nice, and if they didn’t last I would just have to make another trench in different fabric!
So here is my partially assembled shell, with all its parts in various stages of make and unmake: