I found this top last year at The Paper Bag Princess for $5, and thought it had good wardrobe potential if I just fixed the drag lines. Today it finally meets it’s fate!
I pinned out the drag lines – well, as best as I could:
I unpicked the offending area and pinned things in place, then tried it on again to check:
This photo better shows how much I am taking out:
Then I sewed it up again! Ta-dah:
It wasn’t really that simple! The first time I stitched it together you could see some of the undyed area (this top was dyed post-make), so I had to unpick and resew. I must have made a little hole while unpicking so then had to unpick and adjust the top bit slightly to cover the hole. Then I noticed the horizontal rib was uneven – arrgh – I had to sew it a total of four times!!
Anyway, it is done now. And like all Fix-it Fridays so far, it feels good to have done it!